ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
ISO 45001 is an International Standard that identifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, with guidance for its use, to permit an organization to proactively develop its OH&S performance in preventing injury and ill-health. ISO 45001 is intended to be applicable to any organization regardless of its size, type and nature. ISO 45001 enables an organization, through its OH&S management system, to integrate other aspects of health and safety, such as worker wellness/wellbeing; however, it should be noted that an organization can be necessary by applicable legal requirements to also address such issues.
Who is 45001 appropriate for?
The standard is flexible and can be adapted to manage occupational health and safety and suits a wide range of organizations including:
- Small and medium-sized enterprises
- Public and not-for-profit organizations
- Non-government organizations (NGOs) and charities
- Large organizations and enterprises
Benefits of ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Progresses compliance with current legislations
- Remove or minimize OH&S risks
- Transform operations from detection to prevention mode
- Decrease work-related injuries, ill -health and deaths
- Progress OH&S performance and efficiency
- Protect and progress brand reputation